Wednesday, May 19, 2010




UI 9th Batch (1985) Gand Reunion 2010


It was a wonderful reunion of our United India 9th Batch who completed 25 years of service on 6th May 2010. 21 of our 23 batch mates made it to Yercaud. After meeting all of them it was quite apparent that very little seems to have changed. Maybe energy levels were slightly lower (the only reason I couldn’t make it to the ......Seat trip on day one) and physically some of us may be disproportionate in sizes but I felt we were more or less the same and could relate to each other as we did in 1985. Infact Thomas was mentioning the same observation in the room.

I really wished Balaji remembered how he used to mimic some of our eminent professors at the learning centre. Sanjay made up for this disappointment with the familiar “MY FRIEND TOMMY”. Thomas losing track of the joke trail reminded me of “CONFUSION WORUST CONFOUNDED”.

I loved MV’s humour, PA being her normal self, Ani’s trade mark grin and giggle, Sashi’s candid retorts and Rama at her usual melodious best singing Awaaz de Kahahe.

Paru really took me back in time at Namakkal Narasimhaswamy temple. In my opinion the batch closely bonded due to the Leadership qualities of Saikat Guha (his initiative to organize our visit to Kodai, allowing us to purchase TT table, his People skills, and connectedness to Top Management) and when we all anxiously wanted Paru to get well soon and come back from the nursing home. Of course the “I read u listen” sessions from Institute Text books, Weekend home work assignments, comments such as “Cheddi Penke gumtahai” etc, etc gave a different flavour and added to the seriousness and brought the batch even closer.

At Namakkal, Soundarya strongly reminded me of our temple visit after getting the first Salary cheque. I really loved her making me light the Deepam.

The Meditation, Pranayamam, and Blue ocean Strategy sessions by Thomas and Anita are some of the other take aways. Of course some of us who require our evening fuel must thank Thomas for bringing high quality fuel from Dubai. Unfortunately I could take very few photographs, since I carried my son’s camera without the memory card. However Saurabh, Sashi, Sanjay, Rama and quite a few other batchmates came well prepared and I guess sufficient photographs and videos have been taken to reminiscence our experiences.

I thought I successfully managed avoiding Rama’s interview, until she took out the Video camera at the airport and ensured she recorded my little bit

Rajni and Vivek – we missed you

I am sure Ashok & Mani silently participated in the reunion from the Astral world

No comments: